A new trailer has been released for MacGruber, which is headed to Peacock!
The action-comedy series will be a parody of MacGyver, starring Will Forte as his memorable Saturday Day Night Live character.
The new series will be eight, half-hour episodes and according to Deadline, the series is set to follow:
"After rotting in prison for over a decade, America's ultimate hero and uber patriot MacGruber (Forte) is finally released. His mission: to take down a mysterious villain from his past—Brigadier Commander Enos Queeth. With the entire world in the crosshairs, MacGruber must race against time to defeat the forces of evil — only to find that evil… may be lurking within."
The series is also an adaptation of the 2010 film directed by Jorma Taccone of The Lonely Island. When the film was released, it grossed just over $9 million at the box office with a $10 million budget but now gained a fan following.
Forte is set to write and executive produce the series along with Taccone and John Solomon. Lorne Michaels, John Goldwyn, Andrew Singer and Erin David are also set to executive produce. According to Deadline, Ryan Phillippe and Kristen Wiig are finalizing deals to join the series.
It is set to be released on the streaming platform in 2021.
- Michael Che's Sketch Show In Talks For Streaming On HBO Max ... ›
- Andy Samberg's Best 'Saturday Night Live' Skits - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Saturday Night Live' Developing Plans To Return To Production ... ›
- Actress Kristen Wiig and Fiancé Avi Rothman Welcome Twins ... ›
- Here's What Movies And Shows Are Coming to Peacock This Summer ›
- All 8 Harry Potter Films Are Coming to NBC Peacock - Celebrity Page ›