Each new album marks the beginning of a new era. Global pop superstar, Ariana Grande wastes no opportunities!
Earlier last week, the singer announced her next album would be released before the month is over. The tweet, which has since gone viral, put her in the number one trending topic spot globally.
In honor of new music, and the start of a new era, here a timeline of Grande's past eras...
Yours Truly, (2013-2014)
Music: In 2013, Grande released her first studio album, titled Yours Truly. The album itself did not produce any monumental singles, though it did go platinum and debut at number one on the charts.
Hair: During this time, Grande began wearing her hair up in a signature high pony. She has stated in the past that her hair received so much damage from the red hair dye used for her Nickelodeon character on the show Victorious, that she has to wear a ponytail to keep it healthy.
Clothes: Thigh high boots with a cinched in skirt was the look for this era.
Life: She spent much of this year on tour for Justin Bieber's "Believe Tour."
My Everything, (2014-2015)
Music: In 2014, Grande released her second studio album, titled My Everything. The album featured smash singles "Problem" and "Break Free" which are known to this day as two of the biggest songs in pop history.
Hair: Grande went back and forth between the ponytail and straight hair for an older look.
Clothes: Her outfits during this time included many bedazzled body suits, color blocking, and nods to outer space.
Life: during this era, Grande embarked on her first ever worldwide tour.
Dangerous Woman, (2016-2017)
Music: In 2016, Grande released her third studio album, titled Dangerous Woman.
Hair: If you don't remember, this was the year Ariana rocked bangs. For some performances she opted for her hair down with some space buns.
Clothes: This was the era of the latex bunny ears (as seen above). Along with the ears, she opted for a lot of black outfits which matched the mood of the seductive era. Accessories always included diamonds.
Life: During this era, one of Grande's concerts in Europe became the location of a terrorist attack. The Manchester Arena bombing killed 23 and injured hundreds. Ariana Grande later returned to the city to perform a benefit concert for the victims and their families.
Sweetener/Thank U, Next, (2018-2019)
Music: In less than eight months, Grand released two studio albums, titled Sweetener and Thank U, Next. This was the most transformative era for the artist so far as she broke many records and rose to the top of the charts.
Hair: During this time, the singer experimented more with her looks. She began the era with a low ponytail and silver hair. Since then she has worn her hair down, in pig tails, and even did a short bob for the Thank U, Next music video.
Clothes: When on tour, her stylists opted for statement shoulders, a small waist, and a strong silhouette. Many of her garments had active straps. Off the performance stage, Grande most commonly stepped out in an oversized hoodie.
And now: the "Positions" era?
We're not quite sure what is to come next for the artist but it already looks iconic. Grande revealed the lead single's cover art on Instagram ahead of its release.
Which era was your favorite?? We can't wait to see how Ariana begins the next one!
- Celebrities Are Committing to More Than Romance! - Celebrity Page ›
- Fan Reactions From Lady Gaga And Ariana Grande's New Song ... ›
- Ariana Grande Announces Album Coming This Month - Celebrity Page ›
- Ariana Grande Releases New Album 'Positions' - Celebrity Page ›
- Ariana Grande Achieves Fifth Number One Album On Billboard 200 Chart - Celebrity Page ›
- Ariana Grande Announces Netflix Concert Film From Sweetener World Tour - Celebrity Page ›
- What You Need To Know About Ariana Grande's Fiancé - Celebrity Page ›
- Ariana Grande Joins 'The Voice' As A Coach Next Season - Celebrity Page ›
- Ariana Grande Marries Dalton Gomez In Private Ceremony - Celebrity Page ›
- Remembering Mac Miller on His Birthday ›
- Lady Gaga Announces Rescheduled Chromatica Ball Tour Dates - Celebrity Page ›
- How Khloé Kardashian Celebrated Her 38th Birthday - Celebrity Page ›
- Ariana Grande's Stalker Is Behind Bars After Home Invasion - Celebrity Page ›