Amanda Bynes is back, and she's speaking out.
The former Nickelodeon star has returned to Instagram with a new account-- @amanda.bynes1986. She addressed her fans less than two weeks after taking legal action to end her nine-year conservatorship.
"What's up, Instagram? Amanda Bynes here," she said in the video posted Monday. "My court date is coming up in two weeks. I want to thank you all so much for your love and support. Peace out."
Bynes, 35, provided no additional comment in the caption and tagged a few media outlets.
Bynes rarely posts to Instagram, and this video message comes after she filed a petition to terminate the conservatorship of her person and estate in California's Ventura County Superior Court.
According to Page Six, who was first to report the news, Bynes also filed a capacity declaration, which is a requirement in California for all conservatorship cases, meaning there must be updated records about Bynes' mental state from either a physician, psychologist, or religious healing practitioner.
Her attorney, David A. Esquibias, confirmed the news,
"Amanda wishes to terminate her conservatorship. She believes her condition is improved and protection of the court is no longer necessary."
Unlike Britney Spears' conservatorship case, Bynes' mission to get out of hers is fully supported by her parents and has been in the works for years.
Her mom has said she's hopeful for her daughter's future.
"Lynn is so incredibly proud of the progress Amanda has made over the last few years and is so excited about the next chapter in Amanda's life," Lynn's attorney Tamar Arminak said last month. "Based on the petition and Amanda's amazing progress, she completely supports Amanda's request to terminate the conservatorship."
The She's the Man actress was first placed under a conservatorship in August 2013, giving her mother, Lynn Bynes, legal control of all her medical and financial affairs.
It came about after the actress, then 27, was placed on an involuntary psychiatric hold for allegedly starting a fire in an elderly woman's driveway.
The hearing for Bynes' petition is scheduled for March 22.
- Best Moments of BTS Breaking The Internet - Celebrity Page ›
- Lady Gaga's Band Leader Returns To Las Vegas - Celebrity Page ›
- Rising Star: YouTuber And Comedian Kalen Allen Releases A ... ›
- Recap Of Last Night's 'Celebrity Show-Off' Semi-Finals Episode ... ›
- Hallmark Channel gets in the Hanukkah Holiday spirit - Celebrity Page ›
- Bruno Mars & Anderson .Paak Talk About Their New Album ›
- Paula Garcés on Latina Typecasting and Breaking Barriers ... ›
- Darren Criss & Mia Swier Fight for Justice At Black Lives Matter ... ›
- WATCH: Our Favorite Phoebe Moments From 'Friends' - Celebrity ... ›
- Britney Spears Is Working on New Music for the First Time in Six Years - Celebrity Page ›