The album was released on October 30th by Republic Records and will appear at number one on Billboard's 200 charts on November 10th. This signifies Grande's third album at No. 1 in two years, after releasing the successful sets sweetener and thank u, next in 2018. She now holds the record as the fastest female artist to accumulate three No. 1 studio albums.
The star took to her Instagram feed thanking her supportive fan base.
"this is my favorite album yet and your response to the music has made my heart so incredibly full, i can't even begin to fully express how much it means. so thank u. so very much."
According to Billboard:
"The Billboard 200 chart ranks the most popular albums of the week in the U.S. based on multi-metric consumption as measured in equivalent album units."
Positions' album sales are completely based on Grande's merit as she has not been aided by album bundles, merchandise, or concert sale redemption offers. Grande's popular new album also earns the record of the highest one-week total for any album. Positions is the second-largest streaming non-R&B/hip-hop or Latin album of 2020 with 173.54 million clicks.
Ariana Grande's title track debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 track on November 7th. Watch her hit song:
Congratulations to the pop icon on all her successes and records!
- Lady Gaga Appears On Billboard's 2021 Grammy Preview Cover ... ›
- Ariana Grande Teases New Single 'Positions' - Celebrity Page ›
- Ariana Grande Releases New Album 'Positions' - Celebrity Page ›
- Ariana Grande First Woman To Surpass 200 Million Instagram ... ›
- Ariana Grande Takes Presidential Role In New Music Video 'Positions' ›
- A Complete Timeline Of Ariana Grande's Eras - Celebrity Page ›
- Mariah Carey, Ariana Grande and Jennifer Hudson Collab On New Christmas Track - Celebrity Page ›
- Ariana Grande Announces Netflix Concert Film From Sweetener World Tour - Celebrity Page ›