"Thank You Next" and "7 Rings" singer Ariana Grande breaks free and breaks records. The global superstar passed yet another milestone this weekend becoming the first woman to surpass 200 million followers on Instagram.
Soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo was the first person to reach that milestone as he surpassed 200 million earlier this year. Ronaldo jumped above singer Selena Gomez who for a while had been the most followed user on the platform.
Now, Ariana Grande is the most followed woman in the world making her platform one the most influential in our divisive times, Grande does not shy away from tough topics either. She pledged full support to the Black Lives Matter movement during its resurgence this year. She also continues to speak out against gun violence and encourages young people to vote as she did while performing at 'March for Our Lives' in 2018.
Grande had a busy weekend, performing with collaborator and friend Lady Gaga at the MTV Video Music Awards. The pair won Song of the Year and Best Collaboration for their track "Rain on Me" which stood out as a highlight of the night's performances.
You can watch her and Gaga's full performance here.
- Fan Reactions From Lady Gaga And Ariana Grande's New Song ... ›
- Hollywood Reacts To The Death Of 'Glee' Star Naya Rivera ... ›
- Celebrities Are Taking To Social Media To Remind Fans To Vote ... ›
- These Celebs Are Slaying on Social Media! - Celebrity Page ›
- Ariana Grande Achieves Fifth Number One Album On Billboard 200 Chart - Celebrity Page ›
- Ariana Grande Announces Netflix Concert Film From Sweetener World Tour - Celebrity Page ›