In their joint statement to TODAY, the couple said, "We have realized we are better as friends and look forward to remaining so. We will continue to work together and support each other on our shared businesses and projects. We wish the best for each other and one another's children. Out of respect for them, the only other comment we have to say is thank you to everyone who has sent kind words and support."
A Brief History
The couple have been together since 2017, getting engaged in the Bahamas in 2019. But, a lot of things got in the way of their relationship since the start of the pandemic. Namely, it was difficult for them to see each other while Lopez was working in the Dominican Republic while A-Rod stayed in Miami.
However, just last week, Lopez shared these photos to her Instagram on the set of her upcoming film Shotgun Wedding. If you'll notice, she isn't wearing a ring in these pictures, not something engaged people do very often. This began a whole new set of rumors, which were eventually confirmed by the couple this morning.
It seems the couple has split amicably, and they're doing the best thing for both of them.
For more celebrity headlines, click here.
- Celeb Kids TikToking With Their Famous Parents - Celebrity Page ›
- Jennifer Lopez & Alex Rodriguez - Celebrity Page ›
- Hollywood Headlines: J Lo And A-Rod's Relationship, Prince Harry ... ›
- Amid Split Rumors, Alex Rodriguez Tags Jennifer Lopez in New ... ›
- GOT Prequel 'House of the Dragon' Is In Production - Celebrity Page ›
- HBO Releases First Look At GOT Prequel 'House Of The Dragon' - Celebrity Page ›