According to Variety, Feldstein will play Fannie Brice, the role that made Barbara Streisand famous, in the Funny Girl revival set to open in spring 2022.
"The first time I played Fanny Brice was at my third birthday party, in a head-to-toe leopard print outfit my mom made for me," she said in a statement. "So, it's safe to say that stepping into this iconic role, on Broadway and not in my family's backyard, is truly my lifelong dream come true. I am immensely grateful to be able to do so alongside such a remarkable creative team, and cannot wait for audiences to get back in theaters again!"
The musical, which debuted in 1964, tells the story of singer and actress Fannie Brice's unlikely stardom and relationship with gambler Nicky Arnstein.
Veteran Broadway director Michael Mayer will direct the revival, and the show's book, originally written by Isobel Lennart, will be revised by the legendary writer and actor Harvey Firestein.
- The 10 Best Romantic Films on Netflix Right Now - Celebrity Page ›
- What We Know About 'Don't Look Up' Starring Leonardo DiCaprio ... ›
- WATCH: The Official Teaser For 'Impeachment: American Crime ... ›
- 'The Book Of Mormon' Returns to Broadway in November - Celebrity ... ›
- broadway - Celebrity Page ›