It looks like the long wait for Black Widow may have paid off.
It's been two years since the superhero film starring Scarlett Johansson has been announced and fans have been eager to see it ever since. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the film was delayed not one, not two, but three times. With the pandemic in our rearview, however, Disney made the move to release Black Widow in theaters in addition to being available to stream on Disney Plus Premier Access.
Ultimately, Black Widow grossed a massive $80 million in its first weekend, plus an additional $60 million in global Disney Plus Premier Access streams. The film nearly doubled its money, grossing $78 million internationally. That being said, at the end of the day, Black Widow was definitely worth the wait.
In other news, the F9 hype has died down, but this weekend, the action film still managed to add $10,880,000 to its total gross which now amounts to over $140 million. Another frontrunner this weekend was Boss Baby: Family Business which grossed about $9 million in its second week.
- New Footage for Marvel's 'The Eternals' and Titles of 'Black Panther ... ›
- marvel - Celebrity Page ›
- Marvel Turns A New Page With The Rollout Of Phase Four ... ›
- Marvel's 'Black Widow' Tickets On Sale Today - Celebrity Page ›
- Marvel Hosts Worldwide Premiere Event for 'Black Widow ... ›
- 'Jungle Cruise' Sails Past Competition in Weekend Box Office - Celebrity Page ›