Braunwyn Windham-Burke proves that at any age, you are never too old to live your truth. On a Wednesday appearance with GLAAD, the RHOC star came out as a lesbian, admitting she is "so happy to be where [she is]."
In the interview with Anthony Ramos, she proclaims:
"I like women. I'm gay. I'm a member of the LGBTQIA+ community. It has taken me 42 years to say that but I am so proud of where I am right now... To be able to be comfortable in my own skin after so long is just so nice."
The reality star started coming to terms with her sexuality after sharing an on-screen kiss with Tamra Judge, her former co-star on Real Housewives of Orange County. The star has come a long way after becoming sober and following her journey to self-acceptance. She admits that she is currently dating a woman and has full support from husband Sean Burke and their seven children.
"Sean and I are still married, I plan on staying married. We are not sleeping in the same bedroom right now, but we are in the same house. We are raising our kids together, he's my best friend. He knows the girl I'm dating."
Windham-Burke also revealed that her girlfriend spends time at the house interacting with her family.
Celebrity Page interviewed the RHOC star back in October opening up about her alcohol addiction and sobriety for nine months. The star revealed that on her second season, she moved from giving power to what other people think to focusing on her own needs and desires.
"My first season I was so concerned with having everyone like me and this season I'm like 'I don't care if you like me. This is who I am. This is what I feel. Shut up or get out of the way."
Windham-Burke took to her social to announce the exciting news about how amazing it feels to be her authentic self.
"I've realized there are no rules about when someone should come out. This is my time."
We could not be more happy for the TV star, mother, wife, and girlfriend for her owning her truth.
- A New Housewife Joins The RHOC - Celebrity Page ›
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Takes On A Case of ... ›
- 'RHOC' Braunwyn Windham-Burke Talks Battling Addiction While ... ›
- RHOC's Gina Kirschenheiter Talks About The Latest Orange County ... ›
- RHOC's Kelly Dodd Talks Season 15 Reunion, Cancel Culture & Feud With Braunwyn - Celebrity Page ›
- 'The Real Housewives of Orange County' Are Taking Time Off - Celebrity Page ›
- Taking a Look at this Year's GLAAD Media Awards with Jonathan Bennett, James Corden, and Lovie Simone! - Celebrity Page ›