Following a recent hospitalization and the need for surgery, DWTS contestant Jeannie Mai is leaving the show.
Mai, who works as a host of The Real, appeared on Good Morning America today to deliver the news. The star was recently hospitalized and diagnosed with epiglottis which is a condition that affects her breathing. Upon the need for surgery, it quickly became clear that Mai would be unable to continue competing in the dance reality show.
Jeannie Mai had been competing on the 26th season of Dancing With The Stars with dance partner Brandon Armstrong.
Jeannie Mai will not be able to continue to compete on #DWTS this season due to a health concern that requires imme… https://t.co/3MU8L4dges— Dancing with the Stars #DWTS (@Dancing with the Stars #DWTS)1604325882.0
Along with the photo, DWTS explained how the elimination will affect the show:
"Since Jeannie had to withdraw from the competition, tonight's show will feature the eight remaining couples and a single elimination."Unbenknownst to her or her partner, last week's performance to 'Maneater' will have to be her last. The duo pulled off a paso doble with a vampire twist in honor of Halloween. Be sure to tune in tonight to DWTS on ABC to see which pair get's the boot and see what the show has to say about Mai's early exit!
Watch Jeannie Mai’s Final DWTS Performance:
We wish for Jeannie Mai to get better real soon!
- Jeannie Mai and Brandon Armstrong - Celebrity Page ›
- Jeannie Mai's Tango - Celebrity Page ›
- Jeannie Mai's Salsa In A Bright Neon - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Recap: 'Double Elimination Night' With A Twist - Celebrity Page ›
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Recap: Semi-Finals - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Recap: The Winner Is... - Celebrity Page ›