Breonna Taylor is gracing the Septembers issue of Vanity Fair with guest-editing by journalist and acclaimed author Ta-Nehisi Coates.
This issue of Vanity Fair focuses on art and the idea of political and social change in America. The cover was illustrated by American painter Amy Sherald, who also painted Michelle Obama for the National Portrait Gallery in 2018. Coates wrote Taylor's "beautiful life" and the March killing told by her mother, Tamika Palmer.
Taylor was only 26-years-old, an emergency medical technician and loved by all. She was killed on March 13 when officers from the Louisville Police Department entered Taylor's apartment using the "no-knock search warrant". Taylor's death was one of the focal points of the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Jordan Brand And Michael Jordan To Donate $100M To Social ... ›
- social-justice - Celebrity Page ›
- Youtube Pledges $100 Million To Support Racial Justice - Celebrity ... ›
- Ciara Delivers Black Excellence With "Rooted" Music Video ... ›
- Breonna Taylor Featured On Oprah Magazine September Cover ... ›
- Kanye West Donates $2 Million To The Families Of George Floyd ... ›
- Celebs Speak Out After The Breonna Taylor Ruling - Celebrity Page ›