Paramount's new Grease prequel Summer Lovin' has found its new director, Brett Haley.
Deadline confirmed that the new film was inspired by the Grease song "Summer Nights." Leah McKendrick wrote the script and the film will be produced by Temple Hill and PictureStart.
Haley is a favorite in the indie circuit, previously directing I'll See You In My Dreams, The Hero, and Hearts Beat Loud. Most recently, he directed Elle Fanning in the Netflix original, All The Bright Places and just finished working with Netflix on the film Sorta Like A Rockstar.
Grease has a huge fan base and stands as one of the highest grossing movie musicals of all time! In 1978, the original film, starring John Travolta and Olivia-Newton-John, earned $181 million at the domestic box office.
- New 'Phineas and Ferb' Movie Will Hit Disney+ This Summer ... ›
- movie-news - Celebrity Page ›
- Seth Rogen Is Producing A New Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie! ›
- To Life, To Life...There Will Be A New 'Fiddler On The Roof' Movie ... ›
- Broadway Content To Stream At Home - Celebrity Page ›
- Disney is Developing Movie Musical On Lionel Richie's Song Catalog ›
- Netflix Unveils New Photos Of The Film 'All Together Now' - Celebrity Page ›