Last night was the 2022 Brit Awards! Find out all the scoop on what you may have missed from the show.
This was a monumental year for the Brit Awards. It was the first time, since the beginning of the pandemic, that the event could be filled to capacity with 4,000 attendees. This was also the first year the ceremony did not have any gender-specific awards. This year featured the most female nominations in more than a decade, with 18 female artists or all-women groups receiving nods. Inflo, who worked with Adele, also made history by being the first non-white winner to receive the Producer of the Year Award.
Adele created a lot of buzz for many reasons-- her performance in a custom Valentino gown, the giant rock on her finger, and skipping the last two awards she won, so that she could go drink wine and eat McDonald's, according to British Vogue. The giant pear-shaped diamond on her ring finger definitely sparked some engagement rumors to her current boyfriend, Rich Paul. Adele also took home the Song, Artist, and Record of the Year Awards.
Olivia Rodrigo was in attendance and took home the award for International Song of the Year for 'Good 4 You'. Billie Eilish took home the Best International Artist award and is set to headline Glastonbury this year, according to Evening Standard. Dua Lipa won her sixth Brit Award for Best Pop/R&B artist.
British comedian, Mo Gilligan poked fun at the Prime Minister, Boris Johnson by saying:
“We all love a party... Speaking of parties, Boris I know you’re watching, I know you love a party, come on my guy, come down.”
Courtney Cox also made an appearance at the event as an announcer to present the International Song of the Year Award. She definitely fulfilled the "who-would-have-thought-it celebrity presenter role" according to British Vogue.
Anne-Marie took a fall during her performance to a rendition of “Kiss My (Uh Oh)." She had a good spirit to the instant memes on social media, light-heartedly saying "Didn’t need my left ankle anyway.”
All in all, despite the rumors and falls, it was a successful night!
- Meet the On-Air Talent of Celebrity Page TV ›
- Lauren Holly Chats "Bucket List" Role On 'Tiny Pretty Things' & How ... ›
- The Most Expensive Music Artists Based on Appearance Fees ... ›
- Surprises, Snubs & Celebrations From The Latest Award Show ... ›
- Liam Payne Congratulates Harry Styles on Grammy Win - Celebrity ... ›
- Olivia Rodrigo's New Single Drops This Friday - Celebrity Page ›
- The Most Expensive Music Artists Based on Appearance Fees Ranked ›
- Meet the On-Air Talent of Celebrity Page TV - Celebrity Page ›