In a thread of tweets posted yesterday, Aguilera lent her support to Spears and condemned her unfair treatment.
"To be silenced, ignored, bullied or denied support by those "close" to you is the most depleting, devastating and demeaning thing imaginable. The harmful mental and emotional damage this can take on a human spirit is nothing to be taken lightly," Aguilera said.
The singer emphasized the importance of a woman's control over her reproductive rights, privacy, and pursuit of happiness.
Aguilera ended the her final tweet with a message saying:
"My heart goes out to Britney. She deserves all the TRUE love and support in the world."
Both Aguilera and Spears dominated pop music in the late 1990s and 2000s and were often pitted against each other as a result.
Aguilera expressed her dismay for this manufactured rivalry in a 2018 interview with Cosmopolitan.
"I remember being hurt by these commercials on MTV, pitting Britney as the good girl and me as the bad girl. It's like, if I'm going to be demure and innocent, that's okay. But if I'm going to just be myself, I'm trouble," she told the magazine.
- jamie-spears - Celebrity Page ›
- conservatorship - Celebrity Page ›
- Britney Spears "Flattered" at Fans' Concern for Her - Celebrity Page ›
- britney-spears - Celebrity Page ›
- Jamie Lynn Spears Speaks Out Regarding Britney Spears ... ›
- Stars Who Got Their Big Break On Disney - Celebrity Page ›
- Britney Spears Remains Denied Release From Conservatorship - Celebrity Page ›
- Britney Spears Manager Resigns Amid Conservatorship Controversy - Celebrity Page ›
- Britney Spears' New Lawyer Files to Remove Father as Conservator - Celebrity Page ›
- Britney Spears Announces She's Taking a 'Social Media Hiatus' - Celebrity Page ›