Dakota Johnson is taking on the leading role in a new period piece coming to Netflix!
"Persuasion" is based on the last fully completed novel by Jane Austen, which was published six months after her death. Directed by Carrie Cracknell, viewers will watch the love triangle between Anne Elliot (Dakota Johnson), Captain Frederick Wentworth (Cosmo Jarvis) and Mr. Elliot (Henry Golding) unfold.
Netflix's synopsis of the movie says:
"Living with her snobby family on the brink of bankruptcy, Anne Elliot is an unconforming woman with modern sensibilities. When Frederick Wentworth—the dashing one she once sent away—crashes back into her life, Anne must choose between putting the past behind her or listening to her heart when it comes to second chances."
The "snobby" family in question is revealed in parts of the trailer. Richard E. Grant will play Anne's father, Sir Walter Elliot, a man described succinctly by his daughter as someone who has "never met a reflective surface he didn't like." Several paintings of him appear on screen, accompanied with the actor being pampered and revealing at his "exquisite jawline."
Mia Mckenna Bruce plays Anne's sister, Mary Musgrove. In the trailer, she appears on screen with Anne as she discusses her problems, saying,
"I'm just too kind, that's my problem. I give all my attention to others and then I suffer for it."
Upon being asked about her children's whereabouts by her sister, Mary replies with "How should I know?"
Other cast members in the movie include Nikki Amuka--Bird, Ben Bailey-Smith, Yolanda Kettle, Izuka Hoyle and Nia Towle.
Back in December, Johnson spoke about the new movie with Vogue, saying,
"'Persuasion' was so fun. Doing a Jane Austen film is the dream, and there are only a few of them so I feel incredibly lucky. The cast is amazing and our director, Carrie Cracknell, is fantastic."
"Persuasion" will be available to stream on Netflix starting July 15.
- Celebrity Birthdays On June 19th! ›
- The Best Movie & TV Show Battle Scenes Ever - Celebrity Page ›
- Happy Christmas Eve Eve! (Friends) - Celebrity Page ›
- Happy Christmas Eve Eve! How Phoebe From 'Friends' Made The ... ›
- Bad Bunny Makes History as First Latin Superhero in Upcoming ... ›
- Everything We Know About Upcoming Film 'The End of Getting Lost ... ›
- Coldplay - Cry Cry Cry (Official Video) - Celebrity Page ›
- Dakota Johnson on Running into Childhood Crush, Jonathan Taylor ... ›
- Dakota Johnson Opens Up About Her Romance With Chris Martin - Celebrity Page ›