The announcement comes with news on the upcoming live-action film "Cruella" starring Emma Stone, Marvel Studios' "Black Widow," and Disney and Pixar's "Luca". The announcement also includes revised premiere dates for a number of other titles.
"Today's announcement reflects our focus on providing consumer choice and serving the evolving preferences of audiences. By leveraging a flexible distribution strategy in a dynamic marketplace that is beginning to recover from the global pandemic, we will continue to employ the best options to deliver The Walt Disney Company's unparalleled storytelling to fans and families around the world," said Chairman of Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution, Kareem Daniel.
Cruella and Black Widow on May 28th and July 9th
"Cruella" and Marvel Studios' long-awaited "Black Widow" starring Scarlett Johansson will launch concurrently in theaters and on Disney+ with Premier Access on Friday, May 28, and on Friday, July 9, respectively.
Luca on June 18th
Disney and Pixar's "Luca" will stream exclusively on Disney+ beginning Friday, June 18, as a special offering to kick-off the summer season. The film will premiere in theaters in areas where Disney+ is not yet available, with release dates to be determined.
- "Free Guy" starring Ryan Reynolds on August 13, 2021
- "Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings" on September 3, 2021
- "The King's Man" starring Ralph Fiennes on December 22, 2021
- "Deep Water" on January 14, 2022
- "Death on the Nile" starring Kenneth Branagh on February 11, 2022
- Disney also addressed Black Panther casting: - Celebrity Page ›
- Disney Television Studios Sets Plan to Rebrand Three Major ... ›
- Celebrity Page ›
- 'Aladdin: Live From The West End' Coming To Disney Plus ... ›
- 'Once On This Island' Film Adaptation In The Works At Disney Plus ... ›