The formation of the 1992 Olympic Men's Basketball team is getting the docuseries treatment. Although the Netflix smash hit The Last Dance touched on The Dream Team, it really only focused on Michael Jordan's participation. Dream Team: Birth of The Modern Athlete does a deep dive on the legendary team featuring never-before-seen interviews with Magic Johnson, Charles Barkley, Larry Bird, Jordan himself, and more.
The five-part series aims to focus on how The Dream Team is partly responsible for helping skyrocket the NBA into the global phenomenon it is today.
"The heart of our series is a huge box of micro-cassette tapes we found at veteran SI writer Jack McCallum's house. Those tapes show Barkley, Bird, Magic, and especially Jordan, behind closed doors: intimate and uncensored. They shared things with Jack that they never told anyone else. This series will be the first time those tapes have been heard publicly."
That's what brothers Emmett and Brendan Malloy had to say about directing Dream Team: Birth of The Modern Athlete.
Here's the full list of unheard archival interviews:
- Charles Barkley
- Larry Bird
- Clyde Drexler
- Patrick Ewing
- Dave Gavitt
- Grant Hill
- Magic Johnson
- Michael Jordan
- Christian Laettner
- Karl Malone
- Chris Mullin
- Scottie Pippen
- David Robinson
- A.L. Stankovic
- David Stern
- John Stockton
- Celebrities Who Served In The Military - Celebrity Page ›
- The Dynamic Duo Behind BET's 'Games People Play' - Celebrity Page ›
- David Bromstad Shares Gratitude For Huge Success From HGTV's ... ›
- Stevie Nicks Makes Her TikTok Debut - Celebrity Page ›
- The Cast Of 'Ted Lasso' Teases 'Optimistic' Show Based On Jason ... ›
- Stevie Nicks Cancels All 2021 Performances, Cites Covid Fears - Celebrity Page ›