While talking to SiriusXM's Jess Cagle and co-host Julia Cunningham, McDermott spoke about his upcoming project written by Ryan Murphy also starring Leslie Jordan saying:
"Let me just say this, this show will be the biggest show in television history, I mean history, bigger than I Love Lucy, yes I said it. Bigger than My Three Sons, bigger than Friends."
Dylan McDermott on Ryan Murphy Show
McDermott also went on to say:
"Leslie and I talk about it all the time, we're on the runway, we are waiting for this project to happen. Ryan announced it on his Instagram. Leslie and I couldn't be more excited. It's going to happen, it's just a matter of when."
Back in May, Murphy confirmed the news on his instagram: "So yes it's TRUE I am writing a project for national treasures Leslie Jordan and Dylan McDermott to star in together. Should it be a romance? A buddy comedy? A heist movie? All I know is Leslie is going to be fabulously wealthy in it, and Dylan will have a backstory as a former masseur." Jordan previously worked with Murphy on American Horror Story. McDermott worked with Murphy in American Horror Story and The Politican.
Jordan is mostly know for his appearances on Will & Grace as Beverley Leslie while McDermott is known to star in The Perks of Being a Wallflower & Olympus Has Fallen.
The project does not have a name or a storyline. Catch Sirius XM's The Jess Cagle Show that airs Monday through Friday at 3:00 pm PT. Also be sure to also check out McDermott's Emmy nominated performance in Netflix's Hollywood available now!
- Premiere Date Released For Sarah Paulson and Ryan Murphy's ... ›
- Actor Jeffrey Wright On Filming 'The Batman' And Working With An A ... ›
- Hugh Jackman Talks Ryan Reynolds "Feud" On SiriusXM's 'The ... ›
- Keanu Reeves And Alex Winter Talk 'Bill And Ted' With Andy Cohen ... ›
- Ryan Murphy Shares First Photo Of Netflix’s ‘The Prom’ - Celebrity Page ›
- Celebrity Birthdays For September 7th - Celebrity Page ›
- Mark Your Calendar! Ryan Murphy Announces Release Date For 'The Prom' - Celebrity Page ›