Ellen Degeneres is seen frequently giving to charities and her audiences on her daytime talk show. However, the show is now under internal investigation for alleged workplace issues bubbling underneath the surface.
The Ellen Degeneres Show will undergo an internal investigation by WarnerMedia after various accounts of workplace issues have been risen. The claims of alleged racism, intimidation, and fear from executives are now under review. WarnerMedia's employee relations group and a third party firm will conduct interviews with current and former employees.
Many former employees made anonymous tips in a recent to Buzzfeed in a recent article. The Ellen Degeneres Show was accused of racist behavior including jokes about not being able to tell two Black female employees apart and that a writer told a staffer "I only know the names of white people who work here". Some other signs of toxic behavior reported included one employee going on medical leave for a month and returned to find her job was removed, fights to get a day of for a family funeral and lack of communication about protocol due to COVID-19.
Overall, amid these claims, there is hope that the executives can turn it around and promote a more diverse, inclusive and kind workplace in the future.
- Keke Palmer Goes Face To Face With National Guard At LA Protest ... ›
- Bradley Cooper Tells Ellen DeGeneres Where He Keeps His Grammy! ›
- Ellen DeGeneres Posts Emotional Tribute to Worldwide Protests ... ›
- Celebrities Are Showing Support For Ellen Amid Workplace Investigation - Celebrity Page ›
- Drama involving daytime talk show host Ellen DeGeneres - Celebrity Page ›
- Ellen DeGeneres Tests Positive For COVID-19 - Celebrity Page ›