The long-awaited premiere of “Elvis” at Cannes Film Festival was nothing short of a hit, leaving The King's family in tears.
Elvis' granddaughter Riley Keough shared with Variety,
“In the first five minutes, I could feel how much work Baz and Austin put into trying to get it right. That made me emotional immediately.”
The love for the film is shared by Lisa Marie Presley and Priscilla Presley, as they both posted their praise all over social media.Elvis' late wife Priscilla posted on Instagram,
“ I relived every moment in this film. It took me a few days to overcome the emotions as it did with Lisa. Beautifully done Baz, Tom, Austin and Olivia.”Although quiet on social media, Lisa Marie Presley, the daughter of Elvis and Priscilla, came out of hibernation to say,
“I have seen Baz Luhrmann's movie twice now, and let me tell you that it is nothing short of spectacular… Absolutely exquisite.”
The family seems to be beyond happy with director Baz Luhrmann. They also had good things to say about Austin Butler, who plays Elvis in the biopic.
“Austin Butler channeled and embodied my father’s heart and soul beautifully. His performance is unprecedented and FINALLY done accurately and respectfully.” Lisa Marie Presley' posted to Instagram.
Critics have an unpopular opinion after watching the film. David Ehrich calls it an “utterly deranged musical biopic about the King of Rock & Roll” and added that both Baz and Butler deserve better.
Despite mixed reviews, “Elvis” received a 10-minute standing ovation. The film will be in theaters on June 24th.
- Doja Cat Says Her Next Album Will be "Predominantly Rap ... ›
- Dolly Parton Voted Into Rock Hall Alongside Eminem and Lionel ... ›
- What To Watch Today, April 14th - Celebrity Page ›
- Movie News - Celebrity Page ›
- Movies Set On The Beach For Those In The Cold Weather ... ›
- Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker Get Married in Las Vegas ... ›
- Celebrity Birthdays For Today, January 8th - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Elvis' Soundtrack Will Feature Some of the Most Famous Artists ... ›
- Elvis Presley's Biographical Drama Delayed To 2022 - Celebrity Page ›