Euphoria was released on HBO Max on June 16, 2019 and was an instant hit. The show blew up with recognition on social media platforms, as young teens and young adults found the show extremely relatable to everyday struggles that people deal with in our modern day generation.
The shows main star is Zendaya, who portrays a young woman named Rue who struggles with addiction.
Fans have been patiently waiting for season 2 of the show to be released, but everyone was understanding as production was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Last year around December time, the show came out with two special edition episodes: one focusing on Rue and another focusing on Jules. What will happen to their relationship?
Jules (left) played by Hunter Schafer and Rue (right) played by ZendayaVia Euphoria Instagram page
Luckily, season 2 has recently been announced that it is coming back on January 9th, 2022 - less than a week away now! Finally, the viewers unanswered questions can be answered.
Let's briefly recap season 1 and simultaneously dive into season 2 predictions:
- The fate of Rue and Jules - Things between Rue and Jules ended up a little bit rocky and confusing. The season 1 finale was a beautiful cinematic episode focused on Rue, with an interpretive dancing routine and song sang by Zendaya herself thrown in there. It is speculated that this finale was trying to demonstrate that Rue had another relapse, but I guess we will have to wait and see if this is definitely true.
- Nate and Maddy's toxic relationship - Will their toxic relationship continue? It seems unlikely at this point, but unpredictability is certainly always a possibility in a toxic relationship like theirs.
- Cassie - It is pretty widely decided that Cassie deserved better. The poor girl has been through a lot. Her abortion, her breakup, we can only hope good things are to come for her, but the teaser trailer for season 2 shows her crying in a bathroom so who knows what we are going to get.
- Kat and Ethan - As the season 1 finale included these two finally confessing their feelings for one another, it is hopeful we're going to see a lot more of their relationship flourishing in season 2. Kat deserves it, so let's hope it is only good things to come for her!
- Fez - Fezco's financial situation puts him in a seriously difficult spot as he is being blackmailed by drug dealers. The finale ends with a bit of a cliffhanger as Fez got into a little altercation with his boss, Mouse. Is Fez going to be alive - or did Mouse kill him? We can only hope he is still alive. He may be in an extremely dangerous profession, but his admiration and protection for Rue was always so evident.
- Zendaya Channels Linda Evangelista in 1992 Valentino Dress for ‘Euphoria’ Season 2 Premiere - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Euphoria' Season 2 Premiere Recap - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Euphoria' Season 2, Episode 2: 'Out of Touch' Recap ›