F9, the tenth installment in the Fast & Furious franchise, has only been out for two weeks, but its unique style of dialogue has already become a widespread Internet meme. Creators on social media have photoshopped Fast & Furious protagonist Dom Toretto (played by Vin Diesel) into every movie scene they can think of in order to have him preach about the power of family.
The emphasis on family has always been a staple of the Fast & Furious movies, though in recent installments things have gotten particularly heavy-handed. In 2015's Furious 7, Toretto proclaims "I don't have friends. I got family.", while in 2013's Fast & Furious 6 the word "family" is said roughly 682 times. Thus it was only a matter of time before the Internet decided to take this trend into their own hands, with predictable results.
F9 is directed by Justin Lin, who also directed the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth films in the franchise. In it, John Cena plays Diesel's long-lost secret brother, who bursts into Toretto's life with a zest for revenge. The Fast & Furious franchise, which spans 20 years and has grossed billions of dollars, will conclude after its next two installments.
- Celebrity Birthdays For July 2021 - Celebrity Page ›
- Taraji P. Henson Cast in 'Annie Live' on NBC - Celebrity Page ›
- The Most Anticipated Movie Sequels Premiering In 2021 & 2022 ... ›
- 'Fast and Furious 10' Announces Premiere Date - Celebrity Page ›
- Chris Evans on the Importance of Same-Sex Kiss in 'Lightyear' - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Lightyear' Burns Out Opening Weekend - Celebrity Page ›