While attending a Valentino fashion show in Rome this week, Florence Pugh stunned in a sheer pink Valentino gown that showed more than her stunning figure. Pugh chose to bare it all, with nothing under the top half of her see through dress.
The internet was quick to weigh in on the fashion choice, but not because of the design. The "Midsommar" star faced an onslaught of body shaming comments, many commenting on her "tiny t*ts". Taking to Instagram, Pugh clapped back at her haters in a post accompanied with pictures of her beautiful gown, a post she was expecting to make after debuting the dress.
Listen, I knew when I wore that incredible Valentino dress that there was no way there wouldn’t be a commentary on it. Whether it be negative or positive, we all knew what we were doing."
The "Black Widow" actress says she wasn't scared to wear the dress at all "before, during or even now after." The negative pushback coming "from men" was the part that stunned the star the most. She writes:
"To watch and witness is just how easy it is for men to totally destroy a woman’s body, publicly, proudly, for everyone to see. You even do it with your job titles and work emails in your bio..?"
"I’m very grateful that I grew up in a household with very strong, powerful, curvy women. We were raised to find power in the creases of our body. To be loud about being comfortable." She says. "It has always been my mission in this industry to say ‘f*ck it and f*ck that’ whenever anyone expects my body to morph into an opinion of what’s hot or sexually attractive."
Pugh finished off her empowering post with the hashtag "#f*ckingfreethef*ckingnipple."
- Lizzo Pledges $1 Million to Planned Parenthood - Celebrity Page ›
- Tv News - Celebrity Page ›
- Here's Why Baz Luhrmann Didn't Cast Harry Styles as 'Elvis ... ›
- Mick Jagger Reacts to Harry Styles Comparisons - Celebrity Page ›
- Julia Garner to Play Madonna in Upcoming Biopic - Celebrity Page ›
- Watch: First Trailer of 'Don't Worry Darling' Is Here - Celebrity Page ›
- Fans Go Crazy Over Photos of Harry Styles From The Set of 'Don't ... ›