As if Florence Pugh wasn't busy enough, she has another project in the works for Netflix!
Pugh will star in the upcoming mini series "East of Eden," based on John Steinbeck's 1952 novel of the same name, according to Deadline.
Taking place in California's Salinas Valley, the series follows two families, the Trasks and the Hamiltons, whose stories parallel the biblical stories of Cain and Abel and Adam and Eve.
The Netflix project will see Zoe Kazan as executive producer and writer. The 1955 film adaptation was directed by Zoe's grandfather, Elia Kazan.
“Florence Pugh is our dream Cathy," Kazan shared. "I can’t imagine a more thrilling actor to bring this character to life."
The film saw plenty of success, and is credited as James Dean's first leading role. Julie Harris, Jo Van Fleet, Raymond Massey co-starred in the film, which was nominated for a number of prestigious awards and earned Fleet an Oscar for "Best Supporting Actress." The film took home the Golden Globe for "Best Motion Picture" in the drama category in 1956.
Deadline reported that the limited series adaptation "will explore the novel’s themes of trauma and repair; love and betrayal; duty and free will."
"The series will sketch an intimate portrait of the Trask family against the backdrop of huge historical forces."
A release date has not yet been set.
- Olvia Wilde - Celebrity Page ›
- Christopher Nolan's 'Oppenheimer' Reveals First Look at Cillian ... ›
- Julia Garner to Play Madonna in Upcoming Biopic - Celebrity Page ›
- Marvel's 'Black Widow' Tickets On Sale Today - Celebrity Page ›
- Mick Jagger Reacts to Harry Styles Comparisons - Celebrity Page ›
- Watch: First Trailer of 'Don't Worry Darling' Is Here - Celebrity Page ›
- Fans Go Crazy Over Photos of Harry Styles From The Set of 'Don't ... ›
- Here's Your First Look at 'Don't Worry Darling,' Starring Harry Styles ... ›