FOX and the Association of National Advertisers' (ANA) SeeHer movement have announced their partnership on a project in support of the movement to accurately portray women in media, entertainment, advertising, and marketing.
In light of International Women's Day, FOX and SeeHer introduce "She's a Hero" - an initiative that honors and puts the spotlight on female first responders.
Marianne Gambelli, President of Ad Sales at FOX said, "FOX is proud to support the #SeeHer movement and its continuing mission to promote gender equality, as well as highlight the incredible achievements of our female first responders through our She's a Hero initiative," she continued, "we continue to see the brave contributions that our first responders and front-line workers are making throughout our communities, and I am proud we can use the FOX portfolio to honor and celebrate their remarkable and vital work."
The "She's a Hero" initiative includes:
- A special, custom-produced spotlight on female first responders on FOX's hit drama, 9-1-1, which premiered last night on March 8th. The show stars Angela Bassett, who also executive produces the show. The drama takes inspiration from the high-pressure reality of the lives of these first responders. FOX is also distributing custom-produced content on social platforms for the show.
- Support from SeeHer Member L'Oréal Paris for the custom content and across 9-1-1 socials.
- "The characters and programming that air on FOX introduce perspectives and lifestyles that are not often seen in media and give a voice to those who are excluded from the conversation. 9-1-1 is the perfect series to align this custom content, and we're proud to partner with L'Oréal Paris to help celebrate female first responders," said Suzanne Sullivan, EVP of Ad Sales for FOX Entertainment.
- The She's a Hero initiative will be further amplified by FOX as they distribute the custom-produced content across FOX Sports and FOX News Media.
Nadine Karp McHugh, president of SeeHer, also added, "Now more than ever with research revealing that women are taking the brunt of the pandemic and with the majority of essential workers being female, it is crucial that we see her and celebrate all of her contributions. Programs like 9-1-1 and the real-life stories they are telling through this effort represent a great example of shining a light on authentic real-life heroes."
Watch 9-1-1, Mondays at 8 on FOX.
- 9-1-1: Lone Star Winter Finale - Celebrity Page ›
- 9-1-1 - Celebrity Page ›
- How FOX's '9-1-1' Cast Tackles the Show's Physical Demands ... ›