Britney Spears' sister broke her silence about the ongoing conservatorship case and there were mixed reactions from the public.
"I just want to take a second to address a few things. The only reason I haven't before is because I felt like until my sister is able to speak for herself and say what she felt she needed to say publicly, that it wasn't my place or it wasn't the right thing to do. Now that she has very clearly spoken and said what she needed, I feel like I can follow her lead and say what I feel I need to say."
Jamie Lynn explained how her support and conversations have been majorly private compared to the outward statements from other celebrities and family members on social media. #FreeBritney supporters suggested that Jamie Lynn kept silent because she played a role in Britney's conservatorship. This led to lots of harassment on Instagram as many attacked her for her seeming lack of support on social media and the star was forced to turn off her Instagram comments as a result.
Jamie Lynn Spears' Instagram Story
Jamie Lynn Spears addresses Britney’s conservatorship testimony in newly shared Instagram stories: “I think it’s… https://t.co/jX3JypF0T1— Pop Crave (@Pop Crave) 1624906291.0
Spears made it clear that she supports Britney in pursuing the termination of the conservatorship and that although she has not taken a public stance previously, her private relationship with her sister has always remained supportive. She has made an effort to be a good aunt to Britney's kids and provide support in that way as well.
"I have made a very conscious choice to only participate in her life as her sister, as an aunt to those boys. Maybe I didn't support the way the public may have liked me to with a hashtag on a public platform, but I can assure you I have supported my sister long before there was a hashtag and I'll support her long after...note that."
Britney's testimony in court last week was quite shocking as she clarified how she was forced to work, take lithium, and keep her IUD among many other horrifying things. Fans felt that Jamie Lynn could have been more supportive on social media and in general.
We hope that Britney's conservatorship can be terminated as soon as possible and hope that the family is able to heal in whatever way Britney feels is right.
- Britney Spears Set to Testify in Conservator Case - Celebrity Page ›
- britney-spears - Celebrity Page ›
- Celebrity Page ›
- lorraine-bracco - Celebrity Page ›
- Broadway announces this year's Tony Award nominees - Celebrity ... ›
- The Sopranos Cast 20-Year Anniversary Reunion - Celebrity Page ›
- Christina Aguilera Weighs In On Britney Spears' Conservatorship - Celebrity Page ›
- Britney Spears Remains Denied Release From Conservatorship - Celebrity Page ›
- Britney Spears Manager Resigns Amid Conservatorship Controversy - Celebrity Page ›
- Britney Spears' Attorney Resigns After Testimony - Celebrity Page ›