Galen Gering is set to return to the set of NBC's daytime soap Days of Our Lives as character Rafe Hernandez. Soap Opera Digest editorial director Stephanie Sloane gives us the dish on all the latest daytime television drama.
The actor admits he was "surprised to get the call to return to the show." When Galen taped his last episode on February 13th, he had a feeling of excitement about what was next for him. It wasn't soon after that the show contacted him about coming back, but the pandemic threw a wrench into those plans.
Galen admitted he was "happy and excited" to resume production in September despite having some nerves about his memorization skills. Ultimately, he is grateful for his next chapter on the show.
EW broke the news of Galen's return on August 18th with the actor announcing "I'm back."
Stephanie also shared the exciting 40-year anniversary of General Hospital's Tristan Rogers' debut on the show. The star feels a sense of pride that his character Robert Scorpio is still an integral part of the show.
Tristan revealed that he did not know at a time that GH was the hottest soap in the country but quickly got caught up in the title wave of its popularity. One of Tristan's most memorable moments was working with actress Elizabeth Taylor for Luke and Laura's wedding.
- 'Days Of Our Lives' Goes On Hiatus For Two Weeks After Positive ... ›
- Soap Star Olivia Rose Keegan Is Leaving 'Days Of Our Lives ... ›
- Celebrating 55 Years Of 'Days Of Our Lives' - Celebrity Page ›
- The Latest Casting Updates from the Soap Opera World - Celebrity ... ›
- Find Out What Fathers Day Means To These Soap Opera Stars ... ›