It's a soap fantasy!
Now, the two are pairing up in the new Hallmark Channel movie, A Little Daytime Drama.
Lilley stars as Maggie Coleman, the head writer of a failing soap opera who is thrown into a tizzy when her former flame, Darin Mitchell, (Paevey) is cast on her show.
Needless to say, old sparks are once again ignited.
"Maybe we decide that separating wasn't the best call. Maybe the show does better, and maybe there's a kiss," Paevey said.
"I think it is both of our fanbases' ultimate dream. It's literally the perfect blend of both of our careers coming together, and the fans are going to love it," Lilley said.
Ironically, the actors nearly crossed paths on the set of General Hospital long before making this movie.
"There was a lot of art imitating life here. We were almost on the same soap opera but missed each other. This movie, in addition to combining those two worlds, gets to rewind those ships in the night. We go back, and now we're good, so it's kind of a trip," Paevey said.
Between the soap world and Hallmark, Lilley confessed that the soap storylines are much more intense.
"Never have I ever on a Hallmark movie had my baby stolen from me while I was pregnant, so, you know, if you want the soapy drama you gotta watch daytime, but if you want the delicious escapism of, you know, romantic movies then, of course, Hallmark's where you go."
A Little Daytime Drama premieres on Saturday, August 21 at 9/8c on the Hallmark Channel.
- Holly Robinson Peete Stars & Produces New Hallmark Christmas ... ›
- 'The Bachelor' & Hallmark Collide In Corbin Bleu's New Movie: 'Love ... ›
- Natalie Hall Takes Fans Behind The Scenes On New Hallmark Film ... ›
- The Stars Of 'Playing Cupid' Take Fans Behind The Scenes ... ›
- Hallmark Shows The Importance Of Work-Life Balance In 'The 27 ... ›
- Soap Opera Digest - Celebrity Page ›
- tv-news - Celebrity Page ›