According to Forbes, Hamilton has crossed the $1 billion threshold in global sales. This marks an iconic achievement for both Miranda and the Broadway community.
Hamilton on Disney+
On May 12th, it was announced that Disney would push forward the planned 2021 release of Hamilton. The Broadway musical featuring Miranda will premiere on Disney+ July 3rd. According to Forbes, Disney purchased the film for $75 million. This acquisition not only led to a surge in Disney+ subscribers, but it led to Hamilton passing $1 billion in sales. Miranda reportedly received $31 Million of the sale.
The $1 Billion Musical
The Cast Of Hamilton With Obama
According to Forbes, Hamilton's $1 Billion milestone isn't just due to ticket sales. The financials of the show have been broken down:
Broadway $649.9 Million
U.S. Touring $167.2
The Hamilton Movie $75 million
Albums $46.9 million
West End/London $38.6 Million
Publishing $34.3 million
Other Merchandise $7.5 million
Hamilton Cast performing at the white house
Hamilton's success has been unheard of in recent memory when it comes to Broadway. Hamilton received 11 Tony Awards and broke the record for the total amount of nominations. While discussing how big Hamilton had become, Lin-Manuel Miranda says:
"I am aware musical theatre does not get off the arts page often, and here we are."
Hamilton premieres on Disney+ July 3rd.
- To Life, To Life...There Will Be A New 'Fiddler On The Roof' Movie ... ›
- Before Hamilton, There Was Freestyle Love Supreme - Celebrity Page ›
- 'The Empire Strikes Back' Is Coming To UK Theaters In 4k Form - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Hamilton' Dominates Streaming Platforms Over 4th Of July Weekend - Celebrity Page ›
- Lin-Manuel Opens Up About The Ending Of 'Hamilton' - Celebrity Page ›