Wait for it just a bit longer! Lin-Manuel Miranda's smash hit musical is finally coming to Disney+ on July 3.
Hamilton: An American Musical is the smash-hit Broadway musical that went beyond Broadway and into pop culture. The musical easily wins for hardest musical to see of all time with tickets at one point in the thousands. This will all change on July 3, when you can stream Lin-Manuel Miranda's masterpiece for $6.99. Disney describes Hamilton as:
"An unforgettable cinematic stage performance, the filmed version of the original Broadway production of "Hamilton" combines the best elements of live theater, film and streaming to bring the cultural phenomenon to homes around the world for a thrilling, once-in-a-lifetime experience."
Everything You Need To Know
The PG-13 film has a running time of 2 hours and 40 minutes. The movie was filmed live on stage at the Richard Rodgers Theatre in 2016 with the original cast (excluding ensemble members, Betsy Struxness and Emmy Raver-Lampman). The cast includes Daveed Diggs as Marquis de Lafayette/Thomas Jefferson, Renée Elise Goldsberry as Angelica Schuyler, Jonathan Groff as King George, Christopher Jackson as George Washington, Jasmine Cephas Jones as Peggy Schuyler/Maria Reynolds, Lin-Manuel Miranda as Alexander Hamilton, Leslie Odom, Jr. as Aaron Burr, Okieriete Onaodowan as Hercules Mulligan/James Madison, Anthony Ramos as John Laurens/Philip Hamilton, and Phillipa Soo as Eliza Hamilton.
You can start streaming Hamilton July 3 exclusively on Disney+.
- Broadway Content To Stream At Home - Celebrity Page ›
- New 'Phineas and Ferb' Movie Will Hit Disney+ This Summer ... ›
- New Trailer Drops For New 'Hamilton' Movie Coming To Disney+ ... ›
- Everything Coming To Disney+ In July 2020 - Celebrity Page ›
- Lin-Manuel Opens Up About The Ending Of 'Hamilton' - Celebrity Page ›
- History Has Its Eyes on Hamilton's Fifth Anniversary - Celebrity Page ›
- NEW TRAILER: Disney's "Raya and the Last Dragon" Teaser Released - Celebrity Page ›