HBO released a new trailer for the documentary The Weight of Gold.
The new HBO Sports documentary explores the challenges Olympic athletes face dealing with their mental health. The film is set to open the discussion of serious issues about mental health and encourage people to seek help.
The new documentary features interviews with Michael Phelps, Lolo Jones, Gracie Gold, Shaun White, Sasha Cohen, Jeremy Bloom, David Boudia and Katie Uhlaender. It also includes posthumously Steven Holcomb who passed in 2017 from a mix of drugs and alcohol and Jeret "Speedy" Peterson who committed suicide in 2011 through his mother, Linda Peterson. All will share their own struggles and despair dealing with their own mental health. Phelps took to his social media to raise awareness about the documentary.
The New Documentary
Phelps is an executive producer on the documentary and will serve as the narrator. The new documentary will premiere on July 29 and the release of the film comes in the wake of the postponed 2020 Tokyo Games.
- HBO Releases Trailer For 'The Swamp' - Celebrity Page ›
- Judd Apatow Working On A George Carlin Documentary - Celebrity ... ›
- David Foster Opens Up In New Netflix Documentary - Celebrity Page ›
- Magic Johnson Is Getting A Tell-All Documentary - Celebrity Page ›
- Hulu's Freestyle Love Supreme Documentary Delayed To Honor ... ›
- Michael Phelps Joins NBC For Olympic Coverage - Celebrity Page ›