Hoda Kotb, host of the Today show, announced her separation from her fiancé Joel Schiffman.
Kotb confirmed the split on January 31, during an emotional episode of the Today show.
The pair have been together for over 8 years, and they were engaged for 2 years prior to announcing their split.
They have raised their two adopted children Hope (2 years old) and Haley (4 years old) together and plan to continue to co-parent as best as they can.
According to ENews, Kotb said the following during January 31's episode:
"Joel and I have had a lot of prayerful and meaningful conversations over the holidays, and we decided that we're better as friends and parents than we are as an engaged couple. So, we decided we are going to start this new year on our new path as loving parents to our adorably delightful children and as friends. It's not like something happened. They say sometimes relationships are meant to be there for a reason, for a season or for a lifetime, and I feel like ours was meant to be there for a season."
To watch Kotb share the news, watch the video below:
Hoda says her engagement has been called off. \u201cWe decided we are better as friends and parents than we are as an engaged couple,\u201d she says.pic.twitter.com/zOJrvhE6wZ— TODAY with Hoda & Jenna (@TODAY with Hoda & Jenna) 1643641989
- 'Days Of Our Lives' Goes On Hiatus For Two Weeks After Positive ... ›
- AMAs Best Dressed Stars: Who Rose To The Top? ›
- Sandra Bullock Takes A Step Back From Public Life - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Will Return For Season 11 - Celebrity Page ›
- Julia Child's New Documentary Shows Never-Before-Seen ... ›
- Saying goodbye to HBO's Insecure - Celebrity Page ›
- All-Star Netflix Movie 'Don't Look Up' Premieres In NYC - Celebrity ... ›
- Megan Fox & Machine Gun Kelly Are Engaged! - Celebrity Page ›
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas Speak Out Against Divorce ... ›
- Fun Things To Do In Las Vegas - Celebrity Page ›
- Nick Carter Gives Back For 'Cure 4 The Kids' Campaign - Celebrity ... ›
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas Concerns Fans With New Selfie - Celebrity Page ›