HBO is set to bring "Game of Thrones" back to life with its upcoming prequel "House of the Dragon." Amidst the long-awaited debut, the network finally dropped a few details about the spinoff!
On Wednesday, HBO released the first official poster for the series, along with a tweet announcing the premiere date-- August 21.
\u201cFire will reign.\nAugust 21 on @HBOMax. #HouseoftheDragon\u201d— House of the Dragon (@House of the Dragon) 1655910003
We also know the series is not actually a prequel to "GOT," as it takes place 200 years before the original series. The chief content officer for HBO and HBO Max, Casey Bloys, revealed the inside scoop at a Television Critics' Association event this February.
"So one of the great things about 'House of the Dragon' is that's an established history that leads you to 'Game of Thrones,' and there [are] a lot of little branches," Bloys said.
Due to the timeline being set before the existence of Aerys Targaryen, the mad king, viewers won't be seeing familiar faces. However, "GOT" fans will get to learn the story of House Targaryen through a whole new cast in the world of Westeros.
The official trailer was released about a month ago. The ten-episode series stars Paddy Considine, Olivia Cooke, Emma D'Arcy, Matt Smith, Steve Toussaint, Milly Alcock and many more.
- Dierks Bentley's "Gone" Shows Him as 13 of Your Favorite ... ›
- Ryan Adamczeski - Celebrity Page ›
- SONY Pictures Releases 'Venom: Let There Be Carnage' Trailer ... ›
- EXCLUSIVE: Rising Star Lovie Simone Is Just Getting Started ... ›
- Rapper Lil Baby Meets With Kamala Harris At The White House ... ›
- Emma D Arcy - Celebrity Page ›
- Gianna DaPra - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Pam & Tommy' Trailer: A Lucrative Love Story - Celebrity Page ›
- HBO Max Releases Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Prequel 'House of ... ›