We've got the inside scoop on how exactly Britons are feeling after the bombs that were dropped during the tell-all interview on Sunday.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex's announcement that they were stepping back from the royal family this year was followed by a tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey, which revealed several serious reasons for their departure.
After the events of the highly scandalous interview, it became pretty evident how the American public has been feeling since the interview nearly broke the internet.
However, how are those from the UK feeling? We have the inside scoop on a report from Piplsay, a global consumer research platform, that gives us a pretty good idea.
The platform surveyed 12,037 Briton participants to get their viewpoint on all things royal.
The results are as follows.
- 40% of Britons think Harry and Meghan failed to live up to their responsibilities, while 36% believe they were rightful in their withdrawal from the family and deserve a chance at normalcy
- 56% think that expectations for the couple to stay faithful to the monarchy, and to re-energize it, were justified
- 58% of Britons think the country should refrain from obsessing over the royal family as they used to
- 11% of Britons believe the monarchy is too old-fashioned and compromising
- 66% felt as though it was justified for the institution to remove the honorary titles rescinded after leaving the monarchy, while 19% thought the decision was too harsh.
- 44% of Britons thought the ex-royal couple's departure was fueled by the scrutiny placed upon them by the media, while 36% concluded that the media was only doing their job.
Morgan has, for a long time, made his dislike for Markle clear, and more recently, his opinions have put him in some hot water. He took to Twitter after viewing the ex-royal interview and vocalized his disbelief that there was truth to their words.
Morgan's views on Meghan
No, I just don’t believe that anyone at the Palace would have refused to help her if she told them she felt suicida… https://t.co/eIq5jlQm9l— Piers Morgan (@Piers Morgan) 1615219041.0
“No, I just don't believe that anyone at the Palace would have refused to help her if she told them she felt suicidal." said Morgan.
The Good Morning Britain anchor remained staunch in his viewpoint when he took to his show to further express his views. He continued to express the skepticism he has of Meghan's character, even questioning whether or not she faked her suicidal cry for help.
This bold statement was not received well from viewers or fellow anchors alike. Good Morning Britain co-host Alex Beresford told him "I understand that you don't like Meghan Markle, you've made it so clear a number of times on this program," he calmly continued "And I understand that you've got a personal relationship with Meghan Markle, or had one and she cut you off," he added.
To this, Morgan stormed offset. "Okay, I'm done with this, sorry, no, sorry... see you later, sorry, can't do this," he said, as he got up off of his chair and walked away on live television.
Morgan Storms Off
So @alexberesfordTV defends Meghan on @gmb and criticises @piersmorgan for what he’d said about Meghan’s mental hea… https://t.co/P5Ea7WMd47— Chris Ship (@Chris Ship) 1615280565.0
After stepping away from the incident, Morgan has also made the decision to step back from Good Morning Britain entirely.
The prolific interview between Harry, Meghan, and Oprah took place on Sunday, March 7th on CBS. Stream it now for free on CBS.com.
- Meghan-Markle - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince Phillip Moves Hospitals Amid Health Problems - Celebrity Page ›
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Oprah Interview Recap ... ›
- Kate Moss Tells British Vogue About How She Knew She "Made It ... ›
- Meghan Markle Called These Women 'Forces for Change ... ›
- Oprah Winfrey Bravely Shares Traumatic Past With Dr. Oz - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince Harry and Oprah Debut New Project About Mental Health - Celebrity Page ›
- Prince William Celebrates Turning 39, Royal Family Honors Him On Social Media - Celebrity Page ›
- Oprah's Interview With Meghan And Harry Lands Emmy Nomination - Celebrity Page ›