The Wildcats are back! The trailer for the third season of "High School Musical: The Musical: The Series" premiered Wednesday, with news of some exciting guest stars.
On July 27th, the students of East High will be headed to summer camp. This new setting will provide a unique summer twist on the iconic story, originated from beloved Disney movie franchise "High School Musical." This season the students will be putting on a musical production for "Frozen."
Joining familiar faces like Joshua Bassett as Richard Bowen and Olivia Rodrigo as Nini will be "Modern Family’s" Jesse Tyler Ferguson and "Dance Moms’" Jojo Siwa. Fresh off his Tony win for the Broadway musical "Take Me Out," Ferguson will star as Marvin, a family friend of Nini. Siwa, who won second place on "Dancing with the Stars" last year, will take her eccentric and bubbly personality into the role of Madison, an alum of the summer camp. In addition, "HSM" vet Corbin Bleu will be making an appearance on the show!
Tim Federle, showrunner for the Disney+ series, opened up to Entertainment Weekly about his intentions for the show.
“From day one, I always saw us as what I hope is a long-running series, and I knew that if we cast the right talent who had the right chemistry and who were proud theater kids themselves, the audience would become engaged with their journeys,” Federle said.
- The Halloweentown Series - Celebrity Page ›
- Derek Hough Launches New Residency At The Venetian Resort In ... ›
- Zac Efron Teases Gritty New Role - Celebrity Page ›
- What We Learned From the Trailer - Celebrity Page ›
- Casting Julie - Celebrity Page ›
- Favorite Male TV Star - Celebrity Page ›
- Meet The Stars Of Netflix's New Show 'Julie and the Phantoms ... ›
- Broadway On Demand - Celebrity Page ›
- What Olivia Rodrigo's HSMTMTS Castmates Have To Say About Her ... ›