The film I Am Legend,’ which was first released back in 2007 is getting a sequel, with Will Smith returning plus the addition of Michael B. Jordan!
According to Deadline, Smith, 53, and Jordan, 35, will star in the Warner Bros film as well as co-produce it. Jordan is to produce under Outlier Society, with Smith producing under Westbrook Studios.
Smith took to social media to confirm the sequel news via Instagram, the post shows an empty street that is similar to the look of the original film.
The box office hit is based on the 1954 Richard Matheson novel of the same name. Plot details remain under wraps. But Akiva Goldsman, co-writer of the original movie script, is returning to write for the sequel. Still, there hasn’t been a director named as of yet.
"I can't talk about it yet, but it's a really, really cool concept and [Jordan] was a part of creating the idea,"
According to People, the first I Am Legend movie has grossed over $585 million worldwide.
- Rose Byrne's New Show 'Physical' is Now Streaming on AppleTV+ ›
- 'Mamma Mia' In Talks For Third Movie - Celebrity Page ›
- Doctor Strange Added To The Cast Of 'Spider-Man 3' - Celebrity Page ›
- Biz Markie, "Just a Friend" Singer and Hip Hop Legend Dies at 57 ... ›
- The Cast Of 'Coming 2 America' Celebrates A Sequel 30 Years In ... ›
- The Banks Family Is Back! 'Fresh Prince' Reunion Trailer Drops ... ›
- Why Did Will Smith Turn Down 'The Matrix'? - Celebrity Page ›