Lopez, who is a global superstar for her work as a singer and actress, is already a PCA winner and has earned six prior nominations. The past year has been a busy one for Lopez who had a starring role in the critically acclaimed film Hustlers and gave an award winning performance at the 2020 Super Bowl halftime show.
E! announced the news of the award today ahead of the live show that will take place in Santa Monica on November 15th.
General manger for E! News, live events & lifestyle digital, Jen Neal made the announcement:
"Jennifer Lopez has an unmatched global appeal and for more than two decades, has given us some of the most iconic, unforgettable performances of all time. For paving the way for artists around the world and single-handedly increasing Latinx representation in music, film, television, and fashion, we're honoring Jennifer Lopez with 'The People's Icon of 2020.'"
Up next for Lopez, her latest film Marry Me will premiere in 2021 with co-star Owen Wilson.
- Meghan Markle's Message - Celebrity Page ›
- Our Favorite Jennifer Lopez Film Performances - Celebrity Page ›
- Jennifer Lopez Music Choice Exclusive - Celebrity Page ›
- Jennifer Lopez #SeeHER Spotlight - Celebrity Page ›
- People's Choice Awards: Winners, Performances, And Stand Out Moments - Celebrity Page ›
- Jennifer Lopez Drops Beauty And Skincare Line "JLo Beauty" - Celebrity Page ›