In her new documentary "Halftime," Jennifer Lopez revealed it was "the worst idea in the world" to have her perform with Shakira at the 2020 Super Bowl halftime show.
In the documentary, Lopez shared,
"It was the worst idea in the world to have two people do the super bowl. It was the worst idea."
This is not to say that there is a rivalry between Lopez and Shakira, but rather that the "On The Floor" singer was disappointed that she didn't get enough time to make the political statements she wanted to put out to the world. She also felt it insulted that the NFL felt her singular star power wasn't enough for the halftime show.
"Typically, you have one headliner at a Super Bowl," Lopez's manager Benny Medina said in the documentary. "That headliner constructs a show and, should they choose to have other guests, that's their choice. It was an insult to say you needed two Latinas to do the job that one artist historically has done."
"If it was going to be a double headliner, they should have given us 20 minutes."
The "Marry Me" actress wanted to make a political statement about immigrant children separated at the U.S.-Mexico border during her performance. In her original plans, Lopez planned to have children in cages, including her own daughter. But that idea was canned at the last second by "the highest authority in the NFL," Medina explains.
"Halftime" is streaming now on Netflix.
- An Inside Look at 'The Courtship' With Suitor Charlie Mumbray ... ›
- The End of Ana and Ben's Romance - Celebrity Page ›
- Brad Pitt's New Movie 'Bullet Train' Sets Release Date - Celebrity Page ›
- Adam Faison Chats Minority Representation On New Season Of ... ›
- Celebs Watch The Super Bowl And React To Tom Brady's 7th Title ... ›
- Jennifer Lopez's Past is Revisited in 'Behind Closed Doors' on Reelz ... ›
- JLo and Ben Affleck make it a date night at the Super Bowl 2022 ... ›