Johnny Depp has armed himself with a significant weapon in his epic legal battle against ex-wife Amber Heard.
Prominent "Making A Murderer" attorney Kathleen Zellner, who has famously worked to overturn wrongful convictions, has joined Depp's legal team.
The move comes after the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star lost his sensational libel suit in London against a newspaper columnist who labeled him a "wife-beater." In March, Depp was refused permission to appeal against the ruling.
But Depp is still suing the Aquaman star in the United States over a published news story in which Heard called herself a victim of domestic abuse.
"I became a public figure representing domestic abuse," she wrote at the time, "and I felt the full force of our culture's wrath for women who speak out."
Depp's former bandmate Bill "Beano" Hantihas previously pinned the blame on Heard.
"Ruined his life, it really did," Hanti said in a clip from the Johnny Vs. Amber documentary on Discovery+. "It totally f**ed his career over, cost him his friends, part of his family."
"She got inside John's head," he continued. "And made him absolutely crazy to the point where he was drinking and drugging, to the point of insanity."
Zellner has confirmed she has joined Depp's legal team for his US battle against Heard and exclusively told Page Six in a statement, "I have spent the last 30 plus years defending individuals who have been falsely accused of wrongdoing.
- Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Trial to be Aired on TV - Celebrity Page ›
- Amber Heard's Lawyer Says She Can't Pay Money She Owes Johnny Depp - Celebrity Page ›
- Amber Heard's Sister Breaks Silence on Verdict of Defamation Case - Celebrity Page ›
- Amber Heard Stands by Her Testimony - Celebrity Page ›
- Was Johnny Depp Offered $300 Million to Return to Pirates of the Caribbean?! - Celebrity Page ›