After being ousted from the iconic franchise amid domestic abuse allegations, rumors are now swirling that Johnny Depp could reprise his role of Jack Sparrow for the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise!
During the trial of Amber Heard and Depp, the actor had testified that Disney "cut ties" with him just a few days after Heard's op-ed was published in the Washington Post. During this time, Depp had said he wouldn't return to the role because of strong feelings of "betrayal" towards Disney.
Now, The New York Post reports that Depp could potentially star as Captain Jack Sparrow in the sixth movie of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise. It is reported that he has been offered "more than $300 million to return" in the starring role. He originally would've made $22 million before being cut.
The New York Post reports that an anonymous source leaked the information to an Australian news outlet "Poptopic." In addition to another film, Depp would also star in a potential Disney+ series.
"Disney is very interested in patching up their relationship with Johnny Depp," a source told PopTopic. "They are very hopeful that Johnny will forgive them and return as his iconic character."
However, a representative for the actor told NBC News that the reports are "made up."
Only time will tell what will come of Captain Jack Sparrow.
- Kate Moss Denies Johnny Depp Pushed Her Down the Stairs ... ›
- The Latest in Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Ongoing Defamation ... ›
- A Recap of Amber Heard's Tearful Testimony Against Johnny Depp ... ›
- Amber Heard's Lawyer Says She Can't Pay Money She Owes ... ›
- Johnny Depp to Tour With Hollywood Vampires - Celebrity Page ›
- Is Johnny Depp Dating His Attorney Camille Vasquez!? - Celebrity ... ›
- Camille Vasquez Promoted and Will Represent Johnny Depp Again ... ›
- Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's Trial to be Aired on TV - Celebrity ... ›
- Johnny Depp Hires 'Making a Murderer' Attorney Kathleen Zellner in ... ›