Known for his work in Hallmark movies like Christmas Made to Order and The Christmas House, Bennett sat down with hosts Cameron Mathison and Debbie Matenopoulos and revealed what made his engagement to Vaughan just like one of his films.
"My fiancé is the best person in the world, and because of all the Hallmark movies I've been in, he had a really high bar set for him on how the engagement had to go because we always joked, he goes, 'Well, you're in these Hallmark movies, and you go to kiss or say I love you for the first time and all of a sudden out of nowhere there are doves flying, and it starts snowing, and Santa flies by and out of nowhere there are puppies," Bennett said in the interview.
So in order to make the moment extra special, Vaughan, a singer, wrote and recorded his fiancé a ballad titled "Our Song" and had it cued up for the special moment while holding a sign saying "just listen."
"I had to give him a ton of credit because he literally made my real life a Hallmark movie," Bennett said of the engagement.
Following their engagement, Bennett and Vaughan were featured on the cover of The Knot magazine's Summer 2021 diversity issue. The couple were the first LGBTQ+ couple to ever grace the wedding publication's cover.
"We are so proud and honored," Bennett said in regard to the cover.
In addition to a dreamy proposal, Vaughan also put special thought into the engagement ring and its meaning.
"He designed this special ring for LGBTQ+, and its got diamonds on one side, so they face out while we're engaged and when we get married, we flip the ring over, and the wedding band faces out. So while we're engaged, the diamonds face the world so everyone can see, and then when we get married, we flip it over, and the diamonds face us because life's more beautiful together," said Bennett.
The couple plans to wed sometime in 2022.
- Watch their journey: - Celebrity Page ›
- Boo! Jonathan Bennett Tells Us About Season 10 Of 'Halloween ... ›
- jaymes-vaughan - Celebrity Page ›
- Celebrity Page Host Jaymes Vaughan And Jonathan Bennett Are ›
- A Celebrity Page Love Story: How Jaymes Vaughan And Jonathan ... ›
- Behind the scenes of Hallmark's Christmas House 2 - Celebrity Page ›
- Cameron Mathison on Being Cast in 'General Hospital' - Celebrity Page ›
- 'Mean Girls' Star Jonathan Bennett and Celebrity Page TV Host Jaymes Vaughan Wed in Mexico! - Celebrity Page ›
- Inside Jonathan Bennett's star-studded wedding - Celebrity Page ›
- Celebrities Who Got Engaged in 2022! - Celebrity Page ›