Oscar-winner Jordan Peele and Emmy nominated actress Issa Rae are teaming up to executive produce the new movie Sinkhole with Universal Studios. The film will tackle notions of female perfection and identity.
Sinkhole is passed off a short story written by Leyna Krow that appears in her book I'm Fine But You Appear to be Sinking. According to Deadline, the story follows:
"a young family which moves into their dream home, despite the gaping sinkhole in the backyard. The mysterious sinkhole manages to fix broken and destroyed things. However, the story asks, what if that thing is a person?"
Krow will also be executive producing along with Peele and Rae, who has just received two Emmy nominations for her work on HBO's Insecure. Rae is also rumored to be starring in the movie, but nothing has been confirmed yet.
Rae will be producing with her own company Issa Rae Productions while Peele joins with Monkeypaw Productions.
Superstars Peele and Rae seem to be the perfect pairing for the borderline supernatural horror/sci-fi movie that tackles questions of femininity and societal norms. While no plans for filming have been released yet, fans of both stars can look forward to the magic they are destined to create.
- Full List Of Nominations For 72nd Primetime Emmy Awards ›
- Laura Prepon Set To Direct Horror-Comedy 'Mer' - Celebrity Page ›
- The Twilight Zone reboot returns for Season 2 - Celebrity Page ›
- 2020 BET Awards Nominations Announced - Celebrity Page ›
- HBO's 'Insecure' Says Goodbye After Five Seasons - Celebrity Page ›