Judith Light will star opposite ER's Noah Wyle in the limited drama series Shadows In The Vineyard for Landmark Studio Group.
The series is based on the bestselling novel by Maximilian Potter Shadows In The Vineyard: The True Story of the Plot to Poison The World's Greatest Wine, which follows:
"the true story of the outlandish 2010 plot-by-poison extortion scheme, a sinister criminal conspiracy that targeted the most sought-after and expensive wine in the world – the legendary Romanée-Conti."
Potter spoke to Deadline about the story intermingling crime and love, saying:
"This is a fascinating crime story, but it's really a love story. I went to Burgundy not knowing or caring a thing about wine; I went to report on a crime, but I fell in love with Burgundy. When I was losing faith in the world and my fellow man, burned out by the ugliness I had been covering as a journalist, Burgundy came out of nowhere and restored my faith in life, in humanity. The world needs to know a place and a people like Burgundy exists as it gives us all hope and something to aspire to. Maybe now more than ever."
Light's latest role was on Netflix's The Politician opposite other huge Broadway stars, like herself, but she has had an extensive career before that on stage and screen. She can be seen here winning the Excellence in Acting Award at the 2019 Provincetown Film Festival.
Filming for the series is set to begin in early 2021.
- Chronicling Ben Platt's Recent Success, What's Coming Next ... ›
- Celebrate Pride Month with these Hollywood Gay Power Players ... ›
- Theo Germaine Spills On Season Two Of 'The Politician' - Celebrity ... ›
- The Latest Comedy Films Available Now On Demand - Celebrity Page ›
- This Week's Latest True Crime Content - Celebrity Page ›
- Gio Benitez Talks New True Crime Show 'I Survived A Crime' - Celebrity Page ›