Meek Mill, Kevin Hart, and Philadelphia 76’s limited partner Michael Rubin will combine their money together to donate over $15 million to Philadelphia schools for the 2022-2023 school year.
110 schools from underserved communities will benefit from the donations. The announcement of the donation happened during School District of Philadelphia Superintendent Dr. William Hite’s speech to the public about the district’s challenges in funding and other areas of achievement across Philadelphia public schools.
Dr. Hite stated,
"Philadelphia is the poorest big city in the country…We have larger numbers of young people who don't have access to early childhood services and who aren't on grade level, those experiencing trauma, homelessness, are new to the country, have special needs, and those who need additional resources."
This isn’t Philadelphia’s first time receiving donations from the three. In 2020, Hart donated over $250,000 to the School District of Philadelphia, and gave $600,000 towards scholarships in 2018 to eight college Philadelphians in partnership with the United Negro College Fund (UNCF), the Knowledge Is Power Program, and his Hart Charity.
Mill donated a $2 million scholarship back in 2020 to cover tuition costs for private and parochial students, which also provided them with the necessary technology including Wi-Fi access, laptops, and tablets.The comedian and rapper have also partnered with REFORM Alliance to give the VIP treatment to children who have been affected by an unjust justice system. Twenty-five kids were invited to a 76ers game and were allowed to play on the court.
- Meek Mill, Kevin Hart, 76ers Co-Owner Pledge $15 Million to Philly ... ›
- Meek Mill, Kevin Hart And Michael Rubin Donate $15 Million to ... ›
- Meek Mill, Kevin Hart, 76ers co-owner Michael Rubin donating $15 ... ›
- Meek Mill (@MeekMill) / Twitter ›
- Meek Mill (@meekmill) • Instagram photos and videos ›
- Kevin Hart (@KevinHart4real) / Twitter ›
- Kevin Hart (@kevinhart4real) • Instagram photos and videos ›