Kim Kardashian has been hit with a lawsuit for trademark infringement over her company's name SKKN.
The new lawsuit claims that SKKN is causing confusion in the marketplace. Documents obtained by TMZ say that Beauty Concepts LLC, a small Brooklyn spa, which owns the rights to SKKN+, reached out to Kim's legal team asking her to choose another name and making her aware of their registered trademark of SKKN+, which was filed at the same time as Kim's in March 2021. They say their request was ignored and Kim launched her company anyway.
Michael Rhodes, Kim's lawyer, claims that Beauty Concepts' trademark for their logo had actually been rejected, and since then the company has tried to bolster its claims by opening up a storefront and updating their website.
"The business was a one-person shop offering facials from a single Brooklyn location. The salon had no signage and was by appointment only. To our knowledge, Beauty Concepts sold no products under the SKKN+ name."
"Unsurprisingly, the USPTO rejected Beauty Concepts’ own SKKN+ mark saying that 'skkn' just means 'skin.' Undaunted, Beauty Concepts then tried to make its business seem more than it was – it leased a new storefront, changed its website, etc."
SKNN by Kim first encountered legal trouble with the Black owned business SKNN+ in July 2021, when they were served with a cease and desist. According to The Sun, Kim's trademark would extend into "retail store services featuring skin, cosmetics, hair, nail and beauty products, tools and accessories, fragrances, perfumes, candles, vitamins and supplements.”
Beauty Concepts claims SKNN+ has been operating since 2017, with social media accounts and its website going by the same name. About three years before Kim filed a trademark. Per TMZ, Kim had secured the "@SKNN" username on social media and a website of the same name in 2020.
- Travis Scott Sued by Artist for Alleged Stolen Artwork - Celebrity Page ›
- Kim Kardashian's Met Gala Look - Celebrity Page ›
- Caitlyn Jenner Says Kanye Was "Difficult to Live With" During ... ›
- Kim Kardashian Called Out by Conservators for Met Gala Look ... ›
- Kim Kardashian Gets Candid About Kanye West's 'Eazy' Video ... ›
- Kim Kardashian Was Gifted a Lock of Marilyn Monroe's Hair ... ›
- Pete Davidson Branded Kim Kardashian's Name on His Chest ... ›
- Kim Kardashian on Kanye's Help With SKKN - Celebrity Page ›
- Kim Kardashian & Pete Davidson Continue to Heat Up! - Celebrity ... ›
- Kim Kardashian Has Created Her Own TikTok Account! Watch Her ... ›
- What to Know About Kim Kardashian's New Line 'SKKN By Kim ... ›
- Kim Kardashian: The New Face Of Balenciaga - Celebrity Page ›
- Pete Davidson Played Hard to Get With Kim Kardashian - Celebrity ... ›
- Kim Kardashian and Pete Davidson Attend First Event Together at ... ›
- Judge Rules Kim Kardashian Legally Single Amid Ongoing Divorce ... ›
- Kim Kardashian is Vogue's March Cover Star! - Celebrity Page ›
- Here's the Joke Kim Kardashian Cut From Her 'SNL' Monologue ... ›
- Kim Kardashian's Birthday is Today and Everyone's Celebrating ... ›