Lady Gaga's Announcement
Gaga released her studio album Chromatica in late May and is now going bring it to the stage for fans. In an Instagram post announcing the news, Gaga shared:
"I've been at home dreaming of #Chromatica, and it's finally time to take off for the first live performance 🛸 Tune in to the #VMAs on 8/30! ⚔️💓."
Gaga has also been nominated for nine awards, including Video of the Year, Artist of the Year, Best Quarantine Performance, as well as Best Music Video from home!
MTV also took to Instagram to share their excitement with the "little monsters," as Gaga calls her fans. In their caption they wrote:
"Excuse me while I scream/cry because @ladygaga IS PERFORMING AT THE #VMAs!!!! ✨ Watch Mother Monster bring the music, August 30th on MTV. 🚀."
Gaga now joins a star studded list of performers that MTV has previously announced. These include BTS, Doja Cat, The Weeknd, J Balvin, Roddy Rich, Maluma, and CNCO. Although the show was originally supposed to take place at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, it will now be held in various outdoor places throughout New York City due to the pandemic. Keke Palmer will be hosting the show and now that Lady Gaga is involved it will definitely be a night fans will never forget!
- The Biggest Surprises and Stand-Outs of the 2019 MTV VMA ... ›
- First Performers Announced For The 2020 MTV VMAs - Celebrity Page ›
- Governor Cuomo Announces That The 2020 MTV VMAs Will Take ... ›
- MTV Cancels Indoor Performances For VMAs - Celebrity Page ›
- Lady Gaga Appears On Billboard's 2021 Grammy Preview Cover - Celebrity Page ›