"The truth is, everyone's relationship is complicated. That's something we all have in common," Waithe said.
Jasmine Davis plays the first transgender character on The Chi and opened up on working with Lena, along with the show's representation.
"I'm under a little bit of pressure, so I'm like, I cannot mess this up for us. Lena [and I] actually have a friendship, I love her. She's so down to earth. She helped me through a lot of stuff, especially in 2020, as far as having someone to talk to who's part of the LGBTQ community in this industry."
You can catch new episodes of The Chi Sunday nights on Showtime. Master of None is streaming now on Netflix.
From Your Site Articles
- Writer and Producer Lena Waithe Inks an Overall Deal with Amazon ... ›
- Lena Waithe's 'The Chi' and 'Master of None' Are Bringing Equality ... ›
- Horror, Comedy and Satire Take on Inherent Racism in "Bad Hair ... ›
- Talking 'The Chi' With Michael Epps - Celebrity Page ›
- Showtime Renews 'The Chi' For Season 4 - Celebrity Page ›
- Michael Epps Teases Epic Finale On 'The Chi' Season Four - Celebrity Page ›
Related Articles Around the Web