Lifetime announced that they will premiere their first ever LGBTQ+ led romance as part of their "It's a Wonderful Lifetime" programming this upcoming holiday season.
The movie is entitled The Christmas Set-Up and the plot follows:
"Hugo, a New York lawyer, and his best friend, Madelyn, as they travel to Milwaukee to spend the holidays with Hugo's matchmaking mom, Kate. Sparks fly after Kate arranges for Hugo to meet Patrick, Hugo's high school friend and secret crush."
This film comes as part of Lifetime's commitment to diversity and representation. Also set to premiere this year is the network's first Asian American led holiday film.
Amy Winter, EVP and head of programming at Lifetime spoke about this new initiative, saying:
"We are thrilled to continue our legacy of creating a holiday destination that is welcoming to all at Lifetime. With more new movies than any one cable network for streamer, I couldn't be prouder of the incredible talent joining us in front of, and behind the camera, on these new holiday movies."
The full list of programming for this holiday season will be released in September! Be sure to tune in.
- Lisa Vanderpump Honored with Hollywood Legacy Award For ... ›
- Karamo Brown Fights For LGBTQ Rights on Celebrity Family Feud ... ›
- Holiday Movies To Watch On Netflix For Christmas In July - Celebrity ... ›
- Hallmark Set To Release 40 New Movies This Holiday Season ... ›
- Holiday Cheer! UPtv Premieres New Seasonal Movie 'A Ring For Christmas' | Celebrity Page - Celebrity Page ›
- The Holiday Movies Premiering On Lifetime This Weekend - Celebrity Page ›
- The New Films Breaking Barriers & Expanding Representation This Holiday Season - Celebrity Page ›
- This New Hallmark Movie Is Redefining Holiday Romance With LGBTQ+ Representation - Celebrity Page ›
- Movies To Watch As It Snows Outside - Celebrity Page ›
- GG Townson & Laila Odom Open Up On Playing Salt-N-Pepa In Lifetime Biopic - Celebrity Page ›