The God of Mischief is not done with us yet.
In the season finale of Loki released on Wednesday, it was revealed that the series will be the first of Marvel's Disney + scripted original series to score a second season renewal. At the 42 minutes and 48 seconds mark of the finale episode, the screen simply reads: "Loki will return in season 2."
Loki, starring Tom Hiddleston as the titular character, is the third series from the Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney Plus. The first was the popular and critically-acclaimed WandaVision, starring Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany, which earned 23 Emmy nominations on Tuesday.
The second series is The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, starring Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan, which acts as a bridge to the next Captain America film, and no longer features Chris Evans as the titular superhero.
Without giving too much away, the Loki finale set the stage for Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, a sequel film to the 2016 Doctor Strange and the 28th film of the MCU. Hiddleston's 'Loki' character is expected to be featured in the film, as well as Elizabeth Olsen. The movie hits theatres and the streaming platform in March of 2022.
Upcoming Marvel series on Disney Plus include the animated What If…, due in August, and Hawkeye, which will star Jeremy Renner, Hailee Steinfeld and Vera Farmiga, and stream towards the end of the year.
- What Fans Can Expect From Marvel's Loki - Celebrity Page ›
- Breaking: Former Bachelor Colton Underwood Comes Out As Gay ... ›
- Disney Plus Announces New Release Dates for Upcoming Shows ... ›
- New 'Loki' Series Establishes Loki as Genderfluid and Bisexual ... ›
- Beloved Film 'Turner & Hooch' Is Back with a Disney+ Reboot Starring Josh Peck - Celebrity Page ›