This turned out to be true although the song was only up for about 10 minutes before being taken down. Lorde's very dedicated fanbase has been waiting over 4 years for a new release from her. Needless to say, the leak of this single sent fans into hysteria.
In a May 2020 newsletter, Lorde wrote:
"There's something to be said for the pleasant feeling of waiting for something of quality to become available to you. You could have something of lesser quality much faster, but as the high quality thing comes into fruition, a warm feeling grows inside you."
Clearly, Lorde is a perfectionist when it comes to her craft, so it would be hard to imagine that the star is happy about this hiccup.
At the time, there was no official release date for Lorde's upcoming album or its lead single. However, fans were hopeful that this leak meant that new music would be released sooner than they had thought.
Fortunately for those fans, their wishes were granted. At 6:00pm ET, Lorde officially released her lead single, "Solar Power". The song was produced by the legendary Jack Antonoff whose production credits include Taylor Swift's Folklore & Evermore and Lana Del Rey's NFR just to name a few. He also produced Lorde's sophomore album, Melodrama. Indie artists, Phoebe Bridgers and Clairo lend their voices to the song as well.
The release of the song on streaming services was accompanied by the release of a music video. The video finds Lorde at her home on a beach in New Zealand donning a sunny yellow dress which is perfectly complimented by the song's title.
Lorde's new lead single, "Solar Power" is available now.
- Michelle Obama's 'Waffles + Mochi' Aims To Feed Millions ... ›
- 'The Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills' Speak Out On Garcelle ... ›
- One-On-One: Imagine Dragons Frontman Dan Reynolds - Celebrity ... ›
- Olivia Rodrigo Drops New Single 'Deja Vu' & Music Video - Celebrity ... ›
- Ed Sheeran Announces June Release Of First Solo Single In 4 Years - Celebrity Page ›
- Phoebe Bridgers Announces 2021 Tour - Celebrity Page ›